The main driver of growth in the global market today is e-commerce. Global online B2C sales will exceed $26 trillion this year.
The solution you choose is probably one of the most crucial business decisions you will make if e-commerce is important to your business.
E-commerce software allows a business to make online sales of goods and services in its most basic form.
Previously, companies had to invest in stand-alone, on-premises e-commerce software that required complex IT setup, in-house management, and specialized development teams.
These solutions were typically expensive, non-scalable, difficult to use, time-consuming to adapt, and difficult to link with other systems.
E-commerce software provides the front-end, customer-facing side of an Internet business. Managing back-end operations such as accounting, order management, inventory management, and customer service requires additional software for online businesses, just like any other business.
A complete e-commerce platform is difficult to set up, requires significant maintenance and rarely works effectively.
Fortunately, a new generation of business software is using the concept of software as a service (SaaS) to combine all the necessary business and trading capabilities into a single e-commerce platform.
Creating relevant, engaging and unique online experiences is possible using an infrastructure that integrates business applications and the data that drive them.
Consider an e-commerce platform that allows customer service representatives to have a single view of a customer across all channels, a central order management and inventory system that can quickly fulfill everyone’s orders your sales channels, including brick and mortar stores. or the ability to use data from a customer’s order history to provide personalized and relevant offers.
Only imagination can limit the possibilities of developing a comprehensive e-commerce platform to optimize and improve business efficiency, as well as increase consumer engagement and satisfaction.
Main elements of an e-commerce platform
Customers will be able to purchase your goods and services from your online store using reliable e-commerce software. It is to the extent that the solutions can integrate and use front- and back-office applications with their own and shared data that the solutions differ.
In order to meet the demands of their most demanding customers, companies can gain total visibility across their entire organization by integrating the core business processes offered by e-commerce platforms. A successful e-commerce platform must:
- Operation on a single, unified platform. By natively integrating e-commerce, accounting, point of sale, inventory and order management, marketing, merchandising, customer service and finance into a cloud-based platform, interfaces between separate systems are eliminated.
- A holistic view of the customer. With a single view of all customer interactions and transactions, regardless of touchpoint or channel, you can deliver consistent and responsive multichannel experiences, targeted marketing, and better customer support.
- Intelligent order management. Exceed and set new customer standards for online and offline purchases, fulfillment and returns. Having a single picture of inventory across all channels and business units in your supply chain can help you maximize profitability.
- Create cutting-edge customer experiences. Quickly create compelling mobile, web, in-store and unique personalized experiences to differentiate your business and go beyond what customers expect.
- Support unrestricted growth. Quickly launch websites on the same platform for many business models, channels, brands, countries, currencies and languages.
A global and integrated approach
All essential business operations are connected to a single e-commerce platform, promoting better teamwork, harmonizing operational procedures and providing real-time data visibility to large enterprises.
The following operations are compellingly driven by this integrated platform:
- Reports and analyses
- Customer service
- Order and inventory management
- Content management
- Prices and discounts
Today’s e-commerce platforms are not just online storefronts for customers to buy goods and services.
The best cloud-based e-commerce platforms available today combine front- and back-office functionality to provide a unified business environment that is easily scalable, infinitely adaptable, and packed with time-saving automation features.
This platform gives companies the flexibility and adaptability they need to keep pace with business, reduce operating costs, improve efficiency, and free themselves from the hassle of managing hardware and software resources.
It also enables businesses to meet their customers’ demands for a seamless shopping experience across all channels.
If you want to compete in fast-paced and highly competitive markets, whether your business is B2B or B2C, your e-commerce platform needs to be able to do more than just handle transactions.
Ultimately, having a complete e-commerce platform can give you a huge advantage over competitors who don’t use the same technology.