Neglecting our visual health can lead to the development of different problems, such as eye strain or the famous dry eye syndrome. But how can we take care of our vision? Miranza experts offer advice for 2023
Not paying enough attention to our eye health is quite common. However, vision is a fundamental aspect of our organism and our life.
In fact, the 85% of the information the brain receives comes from sight. This is what the Ophthalmological Group points out lookwhich also points to the lack of awareness after the results obtained from the II Eye Wellbeing Barometerbased on a survey of a thousand people.
To start 2023 on the right foot, it’s always good to propose new goals, so it’s a good time to start devoting more attention and care to our vision, in order to prevent numerous pathologies.
Purposes to take care of our vision in 2023
Miranza experts recommend twelve tips so that we can take care of our sight in 2023 based on different routines:
- Lead a healthy lifestylemaintaining good rest and leaving aside work and alcohol.
- Take care of the foodopting for a diet rich in foods with a high content of vitamins A and C, which are favorable for the eyes.
- Perform physical exercise with the aim of preventing diseases such as diabetes or hypertension, which can affect the sight.
- Use an appropriate optical correctionchecking graduation every year.
- In case of use contact lensesdo proper maintenance and hygiene.
- In front of the screens, avoid their abuse and when using them, blink consciously and lubricate the surface to avoid dry eye.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and use approved glasses even during the winter months.
- In front symptoms such as a loss of vision, flickering, blurred vision, eye pain… consult a specialist.
- Use eye protection activities that require special attention, such as in some sports or in the case of DIY.
- Take into account the family history of visual pathology such as glaucoma, cataracts or corneal dystrophies, which may have a genetic component.
- keep one good lighting to not strain the eyes and prevent visual fatigue.
- Go to the experts before any doubt and maintain revisions yearly oculars from the age of three preferably.