Today, many aspects of our lives require an account with a login and password. This is because more and more people are using the internet every day. Most of these login accounts are used for social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. They are also used for entertainment for which you would have a PlayAmo login and password to access. This has already spread to other common uses such as gyms. This helps limit fraud and increases security.
The importance of strong passwords
Strong passwords are important because they help protect your online accounts from being hacked. Hackers often use automated tools to try to guess people’s passwords, and if your password is weak, they’re more likely to succeed. A strong password is one that is difficult for a computer to guess and contains a mix of letters, numbers and symbols.
Specifically, passwords for important accounts should be unique and strong. This would be the case with bank accounts, for example. To avoid any problems, while online banking or even online shopping, a strong password is a must.
How to avoid forgetting passwords?
There are a few things you can do to avoid forgetting passwords. For example, you can use a password manager. A password manager is software that helps you generate and store secure passwords for all of your online accounts. This way, you only need to remember one master password to access all other passwords.
Some people prefer simpler tools that are older. In other words, write down your passwords: You can write down your passwords in a notebook that you keep in a safe place. Alternatively, you can write them in the notes app on your phones or tablets. Just be sure to shred the notebook when you’re done with it. And if you write it on your phone or tablet, make sure no one can access it. Also, remember to delete them permanently before selling your phone.
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to give your password to a friend, think twice! If there really is no other way, give them the password. But the moment the task or need is done, change the password immediately. One can never be too careful in these matters.
How to avoid scammers?
1. Don’t give out personal information: This includes your name, address, phone number, email address, etc. Even your birthday can be used against you!
2. Be wary of anyone who contacts you out of the blue and asks for personal or financial information, better safe than sorry!
3. Don’t click on links or open attachments from someone you don’t know; lately some people are trying to hack your account by sending you links and saying that your package has arrived and you are still waiting for some payments.
4. Don’t respond to emails or texts asking for personal or financial information – Banks aren’t sloppy with your details and neither are you!
5. If you’re not sure if something is a scam, do an online search or contact the company directly to find out – it’s important to be weary and not naive.
In short, always remember to use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols in your passwords. Also, make your passwords at least 8 characters long. Most importantly, avoid using easy-to-guess words like your name or date of birth, and change your passwords regularly. It goes without saying that when using public networks, avoid online banking or accessing important accounts. Public WIFI has been known to be a favorite target for hackers and scammers.