In the Thanksgiving Day (Thanksgiving Day) the turkey is the main actor. The recipe what we bring you now is a turkey with a filling that although it looks like I work, it is very easy to make. This dish takes time and you have to keep an eye on the oven. Once you have the meat of this bird on the list, you can accompany it with a creamy mashed potato, salad or cranberry sauce for your dinner on November 25th.
- 1 turkey (approximately 4kg)
- 500 g of minced lean pork
- 200 g of onion
- 200 g of raisins
- 100 g of bread crumbs
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 glass of sherry
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 glass of poultry broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Clean and remove the viscera from the turkey. In a bolsoak the raisins in the sherry wine for an hour, then add the bread crumbs and milk.
- Peel and chop the onion. In a skillet with a little oil, fry the onion.
- Mix the pork with the onion, breadcrumbs and raisins and form a ball. Season to taste.
- Fill the turkey through the lower cavity.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sew the turkey so that the filling does not come out with a thin string.
- Grease the turkey with olive oil and bake for two and a half hours at 180ºC. Water the turkey every 15 or 20 minutes with its juice and a little white wine and broth so that it does not follow.
Preparation time: 20M
Total time: 180M