Many associated with the panetón with Christmas and the New Year; however, its consumption is not exclusive to the dates of December and in Peru there are those who delight the palate with its flavor during the National Holidays. If you are from this group that enjoys it on cold mornings and afternoons, there are recipes that have as a main ingredient for a sweet craving and what better way to eat on July 11, Panetón Day.
MORE INFORMATION Dona Pepa’s Nougat Recipe
This delicious and soft cake with raisins and candied fruit was created in Milan, Italy, about 500 years ago, but a century ago it arrived in Peru with the first Italian immigrants, who consumed it as part of their Christmas customs. In the country also variations like the panetón integral, panetón of purple maize, marmoleados, panetón covered with chocolate or filled of ice cream, facts of potato flour or kiwicha flour and more have been created.
To accompany the breakfast or lunch not only of a rich panettone with hot chocolate, spread with buttermilk, jam or hazelnut cream, here we bring you two recipes very easy to do to celebrate your day and anticipate the National Holidays:
Recipes to make at home
1. French panettone toast
This simple recipe with the delicious and traditional cake comes thanks to Tottus specialists. Here’s your preparation:
- 4 slices of panetón
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon bee honey
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix in a bowl all the ingredients until integrated. Then remove the panetón wheels from the mixture for a few minutes.
- Heat the pan and add a little butter. Brown the panetón slices on both sides.
- Ready. You can enjoy it with the add-on you want.
2. Panettone biscuits dipped in chocolate
- 1 panetón
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1 bar of dark chocolate icing
- White food
- 1/2 tsp butter
- Cut the paneton into rectangles
- Grease a rectangle with white food and cover it with another.
- Place the chocolate, milk and butter in a heat-resistant container. Bring to a boil until it melts.
- Cover the panettone rectangles on both sides.
- Allow to cool until hardened. Enjoy. In this video you can see the step by step.
Tottus invites the public to visit its official social networks (@TottusPeru on Facebook and @tottusperu on Instagram) where they will post content related to Panetón Day.
Follow us on our social networks: