She-Hulk: Defender of Heroes is the new Marvel series corresponding to Phase 4 of the MCU that will premiere exclusively in Disney Plus next August 17. The fiction follows Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk (Tatiana Maslany), who is a lawyer who specializes in legal cases related to the superhuman. Through new episodes, the busy life of the protagonist will be told, who also seeks to stabilize her professional and emotional life, turns out to be a superpowerful two-meter-tall green Hulk, who presents her with a series of difficulties in handling her powers and his body. .
Its official synopsis says that Jennifer Walters acquires the qualities of her first Hulk by becoming the 2.01 meter superheroine She-Hulk. Unembargoed, she has a complicated life as a single 30-something lawyer, which leads to traversing the world of dating apps looking for potential love. She is characterized by having a great sense of humor and unlike her first, it cost her almost nothing to transform into the big green creature without losing her mind, something that Bruce has been working on since his presentation.
That’s how Jennifer Walters, just like Banner and like him has the ability to become a powerful Green Goliath whenever she is in a dangerous situation or ever. The installment of the Disney Plus series that will arrive on the platform on August 17, shows how this new heroine takes charge of a Superhéroes Law Division where she will have as a client Emil Blonsky, better known as Abominación.
In the first official trailer released in May, you can see how Bruce Banner gave his powers to Jennifer Walters through an emergency blood transfusion. But she in addition to getting all the benefits of the Hulk, she also has one more: she can maintain most of the time with her personality, intelligence and common sense like any other human in her green form and since , he decided
become the best lawyer specializing in defending humans with superpowers.
In the second preview, which was recently presented at San Diego Comic-Con, where Marvel Studios did not delve into the relationship between the two Hulks, but instead saw more detailed professional life, some of his cases, such as the participation of Tim Roth as Abomination and until connecting with other characters who will give the present to the series.
One of them is Wong (Benedict Wong) and Daredevil (Charlie Cox) with what appears to be his original suit, the yellow, red and black. His appearance would not only be limited to being the New York superhero, but expect him to step back like Matt Murdock as the last Spider-Man.
Team and protagonists of “She-Hulk: Defender of Heroes”
The new series is directed by Kat Coiro (episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9) and Anu Valia (episodes 5, 6, 7), with Jessica Gao as the main screenwriter. The executive producers are Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Kat Coiro and Jessica Gao. Co-executive producers are Wendy Jacobson and Jennifer Booth.
“She-Hulk: Defender of Heroes” includes a large number of veterans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, among them, of course, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk, in addition to Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky/Abomination, and Benedict Wong as Wong.
The cast also includes Ginger Gonzaga (“Ted”), Josh Segarra (“¡Hombre al agua!”), Jon Bass (“Guardians of the Bay”) and Renée Elise Goldsberry (“2Hamilton”). Special mention for Jameela Jamil (Marry Me) as Titania, the supervillain who will be She-Hulk’s rival.
As secondary characters, the aforementioned Ginger Gonzaga stands out, as Walter’s best friend, Renee Elise Goldsberry, as a character named Ameli, Josh Segarra and Jameela Jamil as Titania, the main villain of the series. The participation of Anais Almonte and Josh Segarra has also been announced.
The series “She-Hulk: Defender of Heroes” premieres the first episode on August 17 on the Disney Plus streaming platform. The new television production for the Marvel Expanded Universe in its Phase wing consists of a total of new episodes in total of which a new one will be added every week.
Who is Tatiana Maslany, the performer of She-Hulk?
“She-Hulk: Defender of Heroes” is played by Tatiana Maslany, a 36-year-old actress who was born in Canada but lives in Los Angeles, and who will be the life-charged Jennifer Walters, Bruce Banner’s first.
Maslany already has her Emmy, as best actress for her role in the drama series “Orphan Black” and two Critics Choice Awards. Recently there was a discarded role in the historical series “Perry Mason”, and now he jumps on the billboard with this protagonist of the empire of entertainment.
In addition, he has a great journey both in the world of cinema and on television, in various productions, such as the aforementioned “Perry Mason” (2020), “Pink Wall” (2019), “Destrucción” (2018), Souls fo Totality (2018) and Más fuerte que el destino (2017); among others.
Who is Jennifer Walters, She-Hulk in the comics?
Jennifer Walters is a world-class lawyer who lives in New York City, although she often takes on cases that demand more from her power of justice than from her pocketbook. She is a close friend of the Fantastic Four, so she comes to replace Ben Grimm (The Mole) as the fourth member of the team, in addition to fighting alongside the Avengers and the Intrepid Defenders.
A blood transfusion provided by Bruce Banner (Hulk) helped heal Jennifer from an injury, although it had a side effect, producing a green-skinned heroine with gamma energy.
What are all the versions of Hulk?
Hulk is a character who went through all kinds of transformations, and one of the most powerful beings in world comics. According to history, the Hulk was a superhero, an anti-hero or sometimes even the villain of the story. Its story began when Bruce Banner, a great scientist expert in Gamma energy, was in the middle of an experiment on the Gamma Bomb and a young man burst into the test room, where I was going to launch it. Bruce did not think twice and corrected to save the boy, but the bomb exploded and hit him full on, causing him to become the Hulk.
But Bruce didn’t transform when he asked the Hulk – at the beginning of the comic he did it when night fell, but soon after, the transformation into the Gamma monster happened when he went berserk. Since his creation, the Hulk has had different appearances and different levels of power:
• Hulk, by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby (1962): This year the first version of the “Incredible Hulk” character is presented, the curious thing about his first run is that he is wrong several times with the color and the color blue, green and gray Many screenwriters used this mistake as an explanatory argument for his multiple personality.
• Green Hulk, by Herb Trimpe: This Hulk appears in the third issue of Incredible Hulk. The color is what changes, remaining as the historical color of the character. This Hulk is very stupid, that all he wants is to be the strongest and that they leave him alone. In the first decade he was part of the original group of Los Vengadores (although later they kicked him out), and met his first mythical enemies: the Leader, the Abomination, the Hulkbusters and MODOK. Herb Trimpe co-created many villains, but he admits that only the Hulkbusters are 100% created.
• Hulka, by Stan Lee in Savage She-Hulk (1980): Bruce Banner’s cousin is a lawyer. But mobsters shoot her and she’s bleeding out so Bruce Banner has to give her a blood transfusion. This causes Bruce’s radioactive blood to mutate and transform Jen into a gamma monster.
• Mr Fixit, the Gray Hulk, by Todd McFarlane: This version was very curious. He only appears at night and is an intelligent version of the Hulk. It’s not like the goofy green Hulk, or the first gray version, which was also very simple. Fixit, as he calls himself, is intelligent and inclusive and works nights in a casino as a bodyguard. It is smaller than the Green Hulk and quite a bit looser, although compared to other superheroes it is still monstrous. You have strength similar to The Thing.
• Hulk Inteligente, by Peter David in Incredible Hulk (1985-1997): Peter David presented the evolution of the monster Gamma and also in this version he highlights the multiple personality of the Hulk. He was 12 years in a row with the script of the character (1985-1997) and is the most acclaimed stage of the same. His most important version was a Hulk who maintained the intelligence of Bruce Banner, did not hesitate to carry firearms and liked to change clothes constantly.
• El Maestro, by Peter David in Futuro Imperfecto (1993): Hulk travels to a dystopian future dominated by a superpowerful tyrant called El Maestro. The bad news for Hulk is that The Maestro is himself aged.
• Gladiator Hulk, by Greg Pak in Planeta Hulk (2006) and World War Hulk (2007): In these two events Hulk is sent to a dangerous planet, rejected by Reed Richards, Iron Man, Doctor Strange and Rayo Negro. On this planet he becomes a gladiator who ends up freeing an entire population crushed by a totalitarian regime. But for quite tragic reasons, he decides to return to Earth in search of revenge.
• Skaar, the Son of Hulk, by Greg Pak in World War Hulk 5 (2008): There was a son of Hulk. Not from Bruce, but from his green beast, since he did it on Sakaar, the planet where he had been banished. The boy inherited the power to turn into a huge monster when angry, and also has a sword.
• Red Hulk, by Jeph Loeb in Hulk vol.2 nº1 (2008): This is the classic version of the superhero, but in a red version.
• Héroes Hulkeados, in World War Hulks (2010): In this event the superheroes are irradiated by Gamma energy, in fact, they are all the inhabitants of Washington, since the Red Hulk decides to stage a coup after ‘having betrayed it. to the Leader Spiderman, Wolverine, Thor, Captain America, Massacre and Storm become real huge beasts.
• Nul, the Breaker of Worlds, in Miedo Encarnado (2011): A Hulked Thor, where he throws hammers through the globe so that whoever catches it becomes a member of his army. Hulk is a world-destroying god.
• Hulk in Age Of X (2011): In this dystopian reality, Hulk belongs to Los Vengadores, a group tasked with eradicating mutants. The most beastly member of the group is the Hulk, who does not hesitate to mercilessly crush every mutant he can see. The Avengers are made up of Ghost Rider, Sue Richards, Tony Stark zombie and a mercenary who will be called Captain America.