- How to uncork a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne without spilling
- Tricks to chill a bottle of wine quickly
The New Year is just around the corner and with December 31 arriving several activities such as preparing the baked turkey, the side dishes for the New Year’s Eve dinner, chilling the bottle of sparkling wine or champagne, as well as having everything ready to receive the guests or make the family spend a special evening. If you were one of those who worry because the toast is never missing, here are some ‘lucky cocktails’ options to start 2023 off on a high note.
Although there are those who only say ‘hello’ when they arrive at 00:00 hours with a drink, there is another large group that prepares the previous ones with various drinks, in order to see off 2022 in a better way.
For this new year we bring you cocktail options to call for good luck. The recipes are the responsibility of Farid Olaechea, bartender and professor at the Institut Le Cordon Bleu.
1. ‘Good wishes’ cocktail
- 1 ounce Gin
- 0.5 ounce Gum Syrup
- 0.5 ounce Lemon Juice
- 0.5 ounce Curacao Blue
- Golden pearlescent powder
- Place a glass of sparkling wine in the fridge to cool.
- In a shaker place the mentioned ingredients, gin, lemon syrup, curazao and a pinch of pearl powder.
- Add it and beat lightly for the space of 7 seconds.
- Serve in a cold glass and complete with sparkling wine/cava/champagne.
- Decorate with flowers and grapes.
- Extra tip: Place 3 or 4 grapes in the decoration, depending on how you group your wishes by similarity or by the goals for each month, so these will be fulfilled in the new year.
2. ‘Prosperity’ cocktail
- 1 ounce pisco Italia
- 2 ounces of rose wine
- 0.75 ounce chamomile syrup
- 0.5 ounces lemon juice
- 0.5 uni egg white
- Place ice in a coupé-type glass or pre-cool it in the refrigerator.
- Place the ingredients mentioned in the recipe in the shaker.
- Beat without ice (dry shake) for 8 seconds.
- Open the shaker and add the ice. Beat for the space of 5 seconds to give it temperature.
- Serve in a cold glass without ice.
- Decorate with a Gibsoniana flower (rain) and a billet.
- Extra tip: Place the highest denomination bill you have and when toasting, ask for it to be multiplied by thousands.
Follow us on our social networks:
- Twitter: @Mag_ECpe
- Facebook: Mag.
- YouTube: Mag.
- Instagram: @mag_peru