Talk about the dinner Thanksgiving Day immediately imagine the baked turkey on the table; however, it is not the only stew that is enjoyed in this typical celebration of United States before Christmas The pumpkin pie is the perfect closing.
SEE ALSO | Which Thanksgiving dinner foods are dangerous for your pet
This delicious dish, which is characterized by its intense orange color, includes ground walnuts, cinnamon and ginger, making its aroma captivating the whole family.
Although it is a classic of Thanksgiving Day, which is celebrated this 2022 on Thursday 24 November, is also served at Christmas. Here we leave you the recipe and step by step so that you can prepare it at home and not have to go out to buy it at the supermarket.
Once listed, en United States it is usually served with whipped cream and ground cinnamon and accompanied by a good tea, infusion or coffee on the side.
- broken dough
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/8 cup of molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- Whipped cream to serve
- Spread the broken dough in a pie model. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, molasses, spices and eggs.
- Pour the pumpkin cream into the mold that has been cooling and cover with aluminum foil the edges of the broken dough that stick out to prevent them from burning.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 220º C and then reduce the temperature to 180º C and bake for another 45 minutes until the cream solidifies.
- Serve accompanied by whipped cream.
Time: 90 m
Follow us on our social networks:
- Twitter: @Mag_ECpe
- Facebook: Mag.
- YouTube: Mag.
- Instagram: @mag_peru