If there’s one ingredient that’s becoming increasingly popular in healthy recipes it’s almond flour. Idea for dessert, it is much more beneficial than the classic refined flour and is made from dried fruit, which has a delicate and slightly sweet taste. A great way to consume it is in a cupcake or cake, ideal for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance, as it does not contain wheat.
According to Mariana Hidalgo, a nutritionist at nut & me, refined white flours are commonly used in baked goods and breads that take care of many important nutrients such as fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. In addition, there are studies that indicate that this type of processed food is associated with an increased risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
This is how the benefits of this flour are many, thanks to the properties of almonds; It works well enough to reduce the amount of sugar in the blood, improve metabolism and provide energy for the whole day, thanks to its high content of vitamin B2 (riboflavin). “Riboflavin in almonds plays a vital role in energy production, red blood cell creation, cell function, growth and development.”says the specialist.
A great way to consume almond flour is in a healthy and easy to prepare cake. Here we leave you with this delicious recipe by new and me which you can try at any time of the day.
- 200 gr almond flour
- 6 eggs
- 150 g erythritol (sweetener)
- Olive oil
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff together with the sweetener so that they are firm. Add the yolks and beat the whole mixture a little more.
- Finally add the almond flour and mix very carefully by hand, without a blender. If we beat the flour too much with the yolks, the whites will go down and the cake will not rise as much.
- Grease a model with a little oil and sprinkle with almond flour and sugar.
- Pour the mixture and bake at 180 degrees, for 25-30 minutes or until golden and when pricked with a stick comes out clean.