The establishment of a hotline is a strategic solution to optimize the management of the company secretariat. It is an outsourcing service that offers several advantages.
What is a hotline?
A hotline is a device that manages telephone reception and answers incoming calls. The aim is to provide precise information adapted to the needs of the professional sector to each interlocutor. This allows, in particular, to respond to questions and requests received by telephone.
- She is responsible for informing callers about the company and the products or services offered.
- Identify the reason for the call.
- Take or forward messages based on their importance.
- Manage professional agendas to make appointments and organize seminars and meetings.
The advantages of a direct line
Using a hotline offers a number of important advantages.
- Qualitative and quantitative telephone reception. The hotline offers a personalized welcome, much more effective than the random pick-up of an automated standard.
- An available human presence. A hotline can be outsourced. This makes it possible to have a human presence on the other end of the line at all times, even in case of temporary absence.
- A secretarial service at a lower cost. Creating a hotline is much more accessible than hiring an in-house secretary, which allows the company to reduce its costs.
- A better relationship with customers. The permanent presence of the standard allows the company to create a relationship of trust with its customers and differentiate itself from the competition.
The hotline: a tailor-made solution
The hotline offers tailor-made solutions to meet the expectations of each company. It is a service that can be customized according to specific instructions, to guarantee optimal management of the company’s telephone secretary.
- It can be integrated into the internal organizational chart and form a dedicated team, or outsourced and managed by specialized service providers.
- It may be available at all times or at specific times.
- It may include additional services such as making appointments, taking orders and handling complaints.
Thus, the hotline can be adapted to all contexts and all sizes of company, to offer a tailored service and guarantee a quality, personalized welcome to each caller.
Tools for a successful hotline
Once the hotline service is established, it is important to have the necessary tools to ensure its effectiveness. Therefore, the establishment of an adequate and reliable infrastructure is essential.
- A switchboard. This is a dedicated phone line that receives incoming calls and helps manage call flows. It is possible to choose a traditional switchboard or a unified telephone system, which offers additional functionality.
- A management software. A computer program can be used to manage the switchboard and secretary, and thus a dashboard can be provided to control the flow of incoming and outgoing calls and benefit from operational monitoring.
Technological tools also facilitate communication between the company and its customers. Many solutions exist to improve request management and customer satisfaction, for example:
- Chatbots. Chatbots are computer systems programmed to answer questions posed by customers. They can be embedded on the company’s website or in a mobile application.
- Instant messaging. Customers can send messages to the company for information or to request a service. Instant messaging provides a faster response than email or phone.
Therefore, technological tools can be used in conjunction with the hotline to provide an optimal customer experience and develop the relationship between the company and its customers.
The direct line is an essential technique to optimize the management of the secretariat and telephone reception. It allows you to benefit from a customizable service, with human presence available, at a lower cost.
The implementation of an infrastructure and adapted technological tools completes this solution to obtain a better relationship with clients and enhance the company’s performance.