Some coffee lovers may prefer to buy their favorite coffee from a nearby coffee shop instead of brewing it at home. But what about the days you can’t make it to your coffee shop? Or the mornings when the line is ridiculously long? Don’t forget that buying coffee daily can also cost you a lot.
So, if you’re someone who starts your day with coffee and don’t want to keep queuing up or going to expensive coffee shops, here are some homemade coffee recipes to try.
Coffee with ice
This is the easiest recipe to try at home. With this recipe, you’ll get your caffeine fix in no time. Plus, you’ll only need a few ingredients to make this drink.
– Half a cup of warm water
– A sachet of instant coffee
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– 1 cup of ice
– 6 fluid ounces of whole milk or any milk
– Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Add the instant coffee and sugar to the warm water and stir until well combined.
- Pour the coffee into a sealable jar and shake until frothy on top.
- Then pour the frothy coffee into another cup of ice and add the milk. Adjust the taste to your preference.
- Drizzle the drink with chocolate syrup if desired, or enjoy it as is.
This simple recipe is perfect for a morning pick-me-up. In addition, the preparation time will only take about 10 minutes.
– 1 tablespoon non-dairy cream powder
– 1 ½ teaspoons of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
– 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
– ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
– ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– ¼ cup of low-fat milk
– 1 cup of hot water
– Whipped cream
- In a cup of hot water, add the instant coffee and sugar, then stir well. Alternatively, if you don’t have hot water, you can put a cup of water in the microwave and heat it for 20-30 seconds.
- Then stir again with the cream, cocoa powder, ground ginger and cinnamon.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, pour in the milk.
- Decorate the drink with a little cream and you can also sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top of the cream.
- Enjoy the drink!
Cold Brew with almond milk
Iced coffee is not as simple as regular iced coffee; it’s more than that. It also contains twice as much caffeine as regular brewed coffee. Why almond milk, you ask? Almond milk has a natural sweetness that perfectly complements the sweetness and lower acidity of cold beer. Perfect Combination!
– 4 cups of water at room temperature
– ½ grain of coarsely ground coffee
– 2 cups of almond milk
– A cup of ice
- Mix the water and ground coffee in a carafe and stir.
- Once the coffee is ready, cover the carafe and let it rest for 12 to 14 hours.
- After 12 to 14 hours, put the carafe in the fridge for another 6 hours.
- You can then pour the cold beer into a cup of ice and add almond milk to your taste.
- Your coffee is ready to be served.
This tasty coffee-flavored liqueur is suitable at any time of the day, whether for brunch or as dessert. You can also serve it black or add a dollop of cream. Either way, it will still be delicious!
– 1 cup of hot water
– 3 tablespoons of instant coffee
– 2 tablespoons of Kahlua
– ¼ cup cocoa cream
– ¼ cup of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons of grated chocolate
– Whipping cream (optional)
- Mix water, coffee, Kahlua and cocoa cream in a pot. Cover and simmer for about 3 to 4 hours or until heated through.
- In a bowl, beat the whipping cream until it thickens. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until soft peaks form.
- Pour the coffee into a cup and let it sit until it’s hot.
- Top with cream and grated chocolate, it’s ready to serve!
Coffee flavored with cinnamon and cloves
This is a comforting cup of coffee with a wonderful aroma of spices. In addition, it is also suitable for serving at any time of the day. Who can’t resist a cup of coffee with cinnamon and cloves?
– 2 cups of water
– 5 teaspoons of granulated coffee
– 1/3 cup of hot water
– 5 teaspoons of sugar
– ¼ cup of milk
– 4 whole grains
– ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
– Whipped cream, optional
- Prepare coffee with a coffee machine. Alternatively, you can also mix the water and coffee in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cloves to the cup of milk and let it infuse for a while.
- Fill the coffee cup with some hot water and sugar, then stir well.
- Remove the clove and froth the milk to make it thicker.
- Once it thickens, pour it over the coffee.
- Garnish the drink with cinnamon powder and enjoy the drink.
It may sound strange, but ginger coffee is a comforting hot drink. It is a mixture of the strong aroma of coffee and a soft fragrance of ginger. Great for cold weather!
– 1/2 cup of prepared coffee
– 1 small piece of ginger
– 1 ½ tablespoons of ginger syrup
– ¼ cup steamed milk
– Whipped cream (optional)
– cinnamon stick (optional)
– Orange zest (optional)
- Crushed the small piece of ginger.
- Add the ground ginger, ginger syrup and brewed coffee to a cup.
- In another cup, froth the milk and pour it into the coffee cup.
- You can serve it plain or with whipped cream, a cinnamon stick and orange zest on top.
Read more: 20 best coffee recipes
This coffee recipe is especially great during a holiday celebration or just to enjoy on a quiet night at home.
– ½ cup of sugar
– ¼ cup of instant coffee
– 1 cup of water
– 8 cups of whole milk
– 4 cups of melted vanilla ice cream
– 4 cups of melted chocolate ice cream
– Grated chocolate (optional)
- In a pot, add the water, sugar and coffee. Boil over medium heat until completely dissolved.
- Pour the coffee into a cup, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Before serving, pour the coffee into a punch bowl.
- Add the milk, melted vanilla and chocolate ice cream, then stir well.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and it’s ready to serve.