December is a month full of celebrations and meetings with family or friends. If you are planning to have a small meeting at home with your closest circle, it is a good idea to prepare for it dessert to share and what better if you have a dose of liquor. Rum is not only a great companion for cocktails, but also for those sweet snacks of everyday life.
Then Ron Cartavio invites you to prepare 4 simple desserts with ingredients that you probably have at home and encourage you to try rum in a different way.
1. Rum and chocolate truffles:
- ½ copy by Ron Cartavio Selecto
- 250 grams of chocolate
- 100 grams of butter
- ½ condensed milk can
- 25 grams of cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate and add the butter. When everything is well melted, remove from the heat and add the condensed milk and rum.
- Pour into a saucepan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Take it out and form balls with your hands smeared with cocoa powder.
- Then line a bowl on the base with parchment paper and place the balls there. Let stand in the refrigerator for another 2 hours. Ready!
2. Jelly Shots:
- 2 cups cold water (720 ml)
- 1 cup boiling water (240 ml)
- 1 cup White Selected Cartavio Rum (240 ml)
- 1 pack of 6 ounces gelatin of any flavor
- Mix the water and rum in the same bowl to get two cups of both liquids. Then refrigerate the mixture for about 1 hour.
- Then mix the cup of boiling water and pour the gelatin powder. Stir the mixture constantly until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add the two cups of rum water. After that, pour the mixture into shot glasses in the refrigerator, not in the freezer. Finally, refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours until firm or ready to serve.
3. Tiramisu with rum:
- 450 gr of cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 cups cafeteria
- 1/2 cup Ron Cartavio Selecto
- 2 packets of biscuits or dry vanilla cake
- Bitter cocoa powder to taste
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until they are almost white, add a few cream to the cheese, stirring constantly.
- Beat 3 egg whites until stiff and add to the mixture, mixing from the bottom up.
- Then, in a bowl, stir the coffee with the rum and carefully soak the biscuits in this mixture.
- Then place a layer of biscuits, a layer of cream cheese on a tray and so on. You can do it in two or three layers, but remember that the last layer must be cream.
- After that, refrigerate the dessert for at least 4 hours. Finally, don’t forget to place the bitter cocoa on top when serving.
4. Caramel pudding and rum
Ingredients for the pudding:
- 230 ml milk cream
- 230 ml of milk
- 125 g of panela or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 80 ml of water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of Ron Cartavio Selecto
Ingredients for caramel
- 100 g of panela or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 170 ml of sour cream
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ by Ron Cartavio Selecto
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar, water and salt. Cook for about 8 minutes, until it looks like caramel. Then pour the sour cream over it and cook for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, serve the milk and add the cornstarch. Beat until integrated and add the eggs, then beat again and integrate into the pot.
- Cook until thickened and remove from heat. Then add the rum and mix it. Finally, serve in equal parts in glasses. You can take it hot or refrigerate it for less than 4 hours and enjoy it.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place the cream, rum, vanilla and mix.
- Lower the heat and add the butter and sugar, then simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Finally, let cool and serve over glasses.