Summer days are the perfect opportunity to enjoy the sun, beach and sand, even more so on weekends, and if you’re one of those people who prepare snacks to take away and share with the family, these don’t always have to be junk food, well healthy options are the most ideal. Here we leave you some recipes to refresh your mid-morning or lunch under the umbrella or find a pool.
SEE ALSO | What can we carry out to eat on a beach or pool day?
And it is that during this season many people worry about their diet and choose to reduce the consumption of carbohydrates without forgetting the necessary and correct nutrients. This is where you should opt for products that provide us with complex carbohydrates and that preferably do not have refined sugar or added fats. Especially those that give us fiber!
So that you have cooling options for your summer days, César Roldán, Chef of Urban Kitchen Peru, presents three recipes using Bimbo’s Cero Cero line which has 5 ideal products to be able to achieve good nutrition, and to be able to make recipes simple These children: white bread, wholemeal bread, pita bread, tortillas and wholemeal toast.
1. Bell pepper and beetroot hummus with pita chips (1 portion)
- 500 gr of chickpeas
- 180 gr of cooked beetroot
- 180 gr of bell pepper
- 1/3 cup of chickpea water
- 1/2 tbsp of tahini
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
For the pita chips
- 8 pita pan
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp of dehydrated oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste.
- For the procedure, you must start by removing the chickpeas overnight, so that they have the right texture at the time of preparation. Then, peel the beetroot and cut it into cubes, to cook it in boiling water.
- When finished with this, place half of the already soaked chickpeas in a blender together with half of the water in which they were cooked, the cooked beetroot, half of the tahini, juice of 1 lemon, 1 clove of garlic, half of the olive oil, a pinch of cumin and salt to taste. Blend until you get a rustic paste.
- The procedure must be repeated with the remaining half of the ingredients and the bell pepper. For both hummus it is recommended to serve with a drizzle of olive oil, red pepper and chopped parsley.
- For the pita chips, the pita bread must be cut into thin triangular sheets, to be mixed with salt, spices and olive oil. The triangles are cooked in a preheated oven at 180°C for 6-10 minutes or until golden.
2. Grilled caprese sandwich
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/2 candied cherry tomato
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/3 ball of mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic reduction oil
- salt and pepper to taste and extra olive oil for bread and confit.
- In a grill-type pan, leave the breads until they are grilled. After that, the cherry tomatoes must be cut in half, to be placed in a pan with olive oil, salt, thyme and chopped rosemary.
- To start assembling the sandwich, it is recommended to cut the mozzarella cheese into slices, to place them next to the tomatoes and basil leaves. To finish, season with salt, ground black pepper, an extra drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction to taste.
3. Summer chicken breast sandwich
- 1⁄2 chicken breast cooked and frayed
- 2 slices of loaf bread
- 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove candied in olive oil
- 3 gr of chives or chives
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- 1 slice of tomato
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon, salt and black pepper.
- It is advisable to start the recipe by cooking the chicken breast and shredding it. After that, you need a grill-type pan to start selling the panels until they have a grill.
- After that, in a bowl mix the Greek yogurt, chopped candied garlic clove, olive oil, chives, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix the shredded chicken with the Greek yogurt mayonnaise and then finish by putting together the sandwich with the lettuce and tomato sheet.
Follow us on our social networks:
- Twitter: @Mag_ECpe
- Facebook: Mag.
- YouTube: Mag.
- Instagram: @mag_peru