Approaching the Christmas and maybe it’s the perfect time to add new recipes to our table and give a chance to a tasty and extremely nutritious meat: pork, which in its various preparations, invite us to create amazing dishes in this special season .
Today we bring you two delicious recipes with pork: Beer chops y Ribs in BBQ sauce, with the season by Rocío Oyanguren from ‘Las Recetas de Yo Madre’. Both preparations are part of the new recipe book of the United States Federation of Meat Exporters.
Beer chop recipes
- 4 pork chops
- 1 can of blond beer
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or chuño
- 1 chorizo of olive or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and garlic into small squares.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the chops in hot oil and let them brown and cook on both sides. Reservation.
- In the same oil, brown the onion and chopped garlic in small squares until the onion crystallizes, but over low heat.
- Add the beer and let the alcohol evaporate. When it has shrunk, add the cornstarch diluted in a little water and stir constantly until it thickens and no lumps form.
- It’s time to add the chops and let it mix with the sauce to absorb the flavors. Cover the pot or frying pan for about 3 minutes and it will be ready to serve.
Rib recipe in BBQ sauce
- 1 kilo of ribs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup of red vinegar
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon sillao
- 1 ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili or paprika powder
- 1 piece onion
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and sancocha your ribs in about 1 liter of water with a pinch of salt and a piece of onion to give it a little flavor for 20 minutes. After this time, withdraw and reserve both the broth and the ribs.
- Once your ribs have cooled, season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil for both.
- Place your ribs in a bowl that you will then bake.
- Prepare your BBQ sauce by mixing the tomato sauce, vinegar, mustard, sillao, chili and brown or white sugar in a bowl. Mix well and you will add it to your ribs.
- Bring your costs to a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes. It is important that at the 20th minute you check the cooking and add a little of the broth you had reserved, and make sure that you never run out of liquid.
- After this time, you can remove your ribs from the oven, and you will see how the tone practically takes off from the meat, so it will be ready to enjoy.