What are the instructions for making an Origami Christmas Wreath?
I want to know how to make a Christmas wreath with the technique of Origami (folding of paper).
I’m looking for one tutorial to make an Origami Christmas craft.
I made the Origami Christmas tree and now she wants to make a wreath for the front door.
Tutorial to make a Christmas Wreath with Origami:
Making a paper Christmas wreath is one good idea if you were a beginnerbecause even if you make a mistake, the raw material (foils or cardboard) is very cheap, so you can keep rehearsing until you get it right without investing a lot of money.
There are a lot Paper Christmas wreaths you can make and a Japanese Origami wreath is one of them. Consists of make folds in the paper to get different shapes. In this case, with the folds we will manage to make Christmas flowers that, joined together, will form a good wreath to hang on the door of your house.
Below we give you the steps of the tutorial to do it:
8 square sheets of paper in the colors of your choice. The size of them will depend on the size they want the crown to be. In this case it was made with 15x15cm papers
10cm fabric or satin ribbon.
8 pearls to decorate the center of each flower that will form the crown.
1. Fold the square sheet of paper in half vertically, horizontally and on both diagonals; with the folds well marked:
2. Unfold it and fold it again forming a kind of ice cream cone, as in the image below. Do this same step for the other three tips:
3. Unfold it again and fold it as you can see in the image below:
4. Make the following fold, well marked:
5. Repeat the same procedure as in the previous step, but bending the tip towards the dodging side:
6. Put the tip in the center raised as you see in the image:
7. Open it:
8. And lower it:
9. Fold it as you see in the image:
10. Repeat the same procedure from steps 3 to 7 on the opposite side of the folded sheet. It should look like this:
11. Open the flower that is closed right now and stick a pearl in the center:
12. Repeat the same with the other 7 sheets of paper.
13. About 8 modules with glue, overlapping one on the other.
14. Glue the folded satin ribbon between two modules to be able to hang it on the wall.
15. And you already have your garland ready to hang on the door!
Remember, you can use any type of paper you want, including gift wrapping paper, and make any color combinations you imagine. Below you can see other ideas of combinations of papers, colors and perlites:
If you liked the Japanese origami technique, be encouraged to make this Origami Christmas tree craft.
We have taken the images for this tutorial here.
do you want to see more Christmas crafts? Here you have them: More than 200 Crafts and Ornaments for Christmas.
You can also see other articles similar to How to make a Christmas Wreath with Origami (folded paper) in the Decorate Recycling section